Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I am not your punching bag, i am your parent.

Can we talk about entitlement?  When did this become a word that went along with disrespect and why is it in my life? Coming out of my children's mouths or any of the children i have help to raise or know me well?

do for me
buy for me
can you do this for me
when will you do this
why cant i do this
its my way or no way
i cant
i dont care
lies, lies
i can go on and on and on.  i realize most of this is normal.  But what if they dont out grow it?  what if..they truly believe i owe it to them?

Ever notice, the more you do for them, the more they expect?
I say notice this:  Do for yourself.  Notice what i do actually do for you.  Mean what you say and say what you mean.  Stand on your own two feet and be proud of yourself and stop caring what others think of you and start caring more what i think of you.  Stop using me as your punching bag.  I stopped being one the second i delivered you or started caring for your child.    Kick somewhere else.  This mom is tired.

This generation needs to learn the manners that they had when they were small, are still a must.  They are not optional.  Put them back on and find the respect for your elders.  You may otherwise find yourself alone and regretting much.  I may start living for me instead of you.  I enjoy caring for you.  You are my job and i take that seriously and with much much love however;
 I am important, not just your parent.






No comments:

Post a Comment