Sunday, January 20, 2013

People, Places and Things


"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future"- Deepok Chopra

One can remove themselves from people, places and things that they know create an evironment that is not where or who they should be around.  Its called growing up, learning who we are, what we want and who we want to become.  But can we then make that next step?  Be the pioneer so to speak.  Break cycles that we didnt ask to be in but were born or raised in. Create new habits, new healthy environments because no matter how hard we try, how hard we fight it.......Life happens.
 I miss those that chose to not participate or simply couldnt. I choose to keep my people, places and things healthy, loving, open minded and yes, my boundaries held tight.  But i choose to keep trying.......that windshield is bigger than the rearview mirror.  my future, my families future will succeed.  My grandchildren will be my legacy to that, i pray i get to meet them all.
 Cycles can break and i dont have to run from it to achieve it, stay in or react badly to a situation in order to solve it...  that lesson, brought me here, cost me dearly and is very much appreciated to those that didnt or couldnt stay to see it.  #grace and forgiveness

No comments:

Post a Comment